* All Terrain Giveaway
* Derma e Microdermabrasion Scrub Giveaway
* Highland Organics Blueberry Tea Gift Set Giveaway
*Solay Welnness Salt Lamp Giveaway
*Seventh Generation Free & Clear Product Kit
*3 Reusable Bag Combo From TuckerBags
*Recycled Denim Rug from Annikki's Weaving Studio
*FuzziBunz Perfect Size Diaper Giveaway
Thank you to wordle.net for the word art image.
Duncraft Window View Nest Box
I want one of these for my kitchen window. My daughter would get so excited (as would I!) to see real birds building and living in their nest. My mundane view of my neighbor's driveway would suddenly be transformed into a fascinating view into a bird's world. And it's pretty too.
I'm always looking for new ways to teach my daughter about nature and animals. It's a topic she loves to hear about and I love sharing it with her. She has been really into the game Memory lately. She would love their animal memory games! They have frogs and wolves games too! These would make wonderful, unique gifts. (I'm already thinking about buying and putting things away for Christmas...)
These bookmarks make great gifts for book lovers, and there's also an added bonus. For every bookmark purchased, a tree will be planted! They also have Plant a Tree jewelry and clothing as well!
As we wrap up this week, I am going over in my mind what I accomplished. Not nearly as much as I had hoped- but isn't that always the case? I stuck with the diet portion of P90X. Yes- I'm trying to go extreme. The workouts are still a little too extreme for me, so I find myself coming up with "more important" things to take up my day, and then before I know it there's no time left for my workout! (Why do I do that?! Isn't that how I got out of shape to begin with??)
I did modified workouts the other three days, but that's just not going to cut it. I am proud of how well I have managed to stick with the planned menu. My has husband helped a lot on that front, cooking a few meals and picking up groceries. I had no popcorn binges and the only cheat I had was two glasses of wine and some finger foods on Tuesday evening at a friend's jewelry party. (And it was sooooo good.)
I sourced more products for my store, The Spotted Apple (which will be opening on July 4th!) and I finished a book. (I am trying to read 3-4 books a month. It's not always easy, but always enjoyable.)
Thrifty and Chic Mom has a great weekly tradition. Every Friday she recaps her week and makes a list of things she wants to accomplish the next week. It's like a weekly review of New Year's resolutions with a few specific tasks thrown in. She invites all of us to join in. I love the idea, so I will be participating and I hope all of you will too!
This coming week I want to:
- Submit three articles to publications
- Clean out my guest room
- Order product for The Spotted Apple
- Finish one more book
- Take the girls to the splash pad or pool at least twice (they deserve it!)
All of that while sticking with my diet and exercise plan!
Now it's your turn! Think about what you want to accomplish this coming week and share your top 3-5 things in a comment! Hopefully this will be a nice source of accountability for us all. When it's out there in writing there's a stronger sense of commitment. Can't wait to hear from y'all!
We are faced with this horrific environmental burden- an ongoing waste issue do
to our hairy legs. And now science has offered us a way out. A cleaner, greener,
permanent solution. It would be selfish and irresponsible to turn our backs.
I recently had the opportunity to try out three more of their products: Aqua Sport SPF 30 Natural Sunscreen, Lip Armor Lip Balm SPF 25, and Aloe Gel Skin Relief.
What better testing ground for a sunscreen than a Texas beach on Memorial Day Weekend?I covered myself, my husband and my daughter in AquaSport before heading out into the sun for a fun filled day on Surfside Beach.
From noon to 4:00 pm we played in the sand, splashed in the water and laid in the sun. We reapplied our AuquaSport once at around 2:00pm and the lip balm after eating. I was particularly worried that SPF 30 would not be enough for Olivia. After all- the major brands of children's sunscreen are now going up to 55 SPF! But once again All Terrain surprised me. The results were wonderful! When we piled into the car for the trip home none of us had even a hint of a sunburn!
It's a relief to find a sunscreen that is not only free of PABA and Parabens, but is also gentle on the eco-system (fully biodegradable), has no animal derived ingredients, is water proof, protects against both UVA and UVB rays, and is not greasy! It's safe and effective for children too. It doesn't sting eyes and it has a pleasant smell.
I love how easy it is to apply. It absorbs into the skin easily for durable
protection, unlike some that leave a white residue on the surface.
The lip balm was equally effective in soothing my lips and protecting them from the salty sea air and sun. Last year I tried Burt's Bees sunblock lip balm. It was effective but it went on white and stayed that way- not very attractive. All Terrain's goes on smoothly, coating the lips in a clear protective barrier.
The Aloe Gel is fantastic too! Even though I did not have a sunburn, my skin was a little brittle from the heat and the salt. I rubbed on the Aloe Gel and was surprised to see how fast my skin soaked it up. It was not greasy or slimy and gave my skin the refreshment it needed. It is also good for dry, cracked and chapped skin. My knees are always chapped from crawling around after my daughter. I've been using Aloe Gel to soothe and rehydrate them. It can also be used protecting minor cuts, scrapes and burns.
I have no complaints about these products. I love them! They are safe, effective and competitively priced. I am going through the Aloe Gel pretty fast, but at $7.99 for 5 oz. I can stock up for summer without breaking the bank. I can't wait to try the Aloe Gel Skin Repair!
You can purchase All Terrain products at Whole Foods and Target or directly from All Terrain's website.
Here are some great deals I found on line:
All-Terrain Aqua Sport Performance Sunblock, Very Water/Sweat Resistant SPF 30+, 3-Ounces (Pack of 2)$14.11
Saves you 29%
You save 54%!
Win All Terrain!
For those who have not already entered the All Terrain giveaway, do it now ! All Terrain is generously giving one lucky reader a product of their choice! If you have already entered to win, mention this review in a comment on the giveaway post for an additional entry!
American Lawn Mower Company 1204-14 14-Inch Deluxe Hand Reel Mower On Sale for $56.99
That's a savings of 19%!!
Black & Decker LM175 18-Inch 6.5 Amp Electric Mower On Sale for $136.99
That's a savings of 56%!!
Earthwise 20-Inch 12 Amp Electric Side Discharge/Mulching/Bagging Lawn Mower with Grass Bag #50120 On Sale for $165.50
That's a savings of 25%!!
These aren't your mama's cloth diapers!
FuzziBunz is the modern cloth diaper taken to a whole new level. Aside from being super cute, these new age cloth diapers protect from leaks, are a cinch to put on and take off, have safe and durable snap closures (no more pins!) and have a very long life expectancy (3+ years!).
The FuzziBunz Perfect Fit diaper is engineered to offer the sleekest fit while providing the comfort and protection your little one's bum deserves! And they come in an array of adorable colors and patterns!
Why choose cloth diapers in the first place?
They are better for baby, better for your wallet and better for the environment!
- Disposable diapers are the 3rd largest source of landfill waste. America sends 2.7 million tons of used disposable diapers into the ground every year!!
- Eliminate/treats diaper rash
- No chlorine or other scary chemicals like the disposable diapers
- No more smelly bundles stinking up your trash can or diaper pail while you wait for trash day to come!
- Cloth diapers will save you thousands of dollars with each baby! The average cost of one disposable diaper is $.30. The average newborn goes through 8 diapers a day.
That's $72.00 a month that you throw into the trash! What could you do with an extra $864.00 a year?And that is just for one baby! You can see how that mounts up, with a few babies spending an average of 2-3 years in diapers each!
Why choose FuzziBunz?
- FunziBunz is The Original Pocket Design! The inventor of FuzziBunz, Tereson Dupuy, created the original pocket system that other brands now emulate. Though it has been improved again and again by FuzziBunz since its invention in 1999, this pocket concept has become the standard that all other brands strive for. But don't be fooled- only FuzziBunz has perfected it to a science!
- Superior fastening system
- Adjustable waist and leg settings
- Reinforced leg casings
- Bouncier and stretchier elastic
- Easy to stuff and un-stuff
- Trim fit
- More than 20 fun colors and 4 precious prints to choose from!
Buying FuzziBunz is fast and easy on their friendly website. Choose between their Perfect Size Diaper and their One Size Diaper. Buy them individually or in sets. They also have some wonderful accessories to simplify and improve your diapering system!
This giveaway has closed.
One lucky reader will win a FuzziBunz Perfect Size Diaper in the color or design of their choice. To enter, just visit the FuzziBunz website and look over their color and design options, then leave a comment on this post telling me which you would choose!
But wait, you can earn additional entries!
- Get one more entry for following my blog. Leave a comment telling me.
- Get one more entry for subscribing to my blog via email. Leave a comment telling me.
- Get one more entry for telling a friend about this giveaway. Leave a comment telling me you did!
- Get TWO more entries for blogging about this giveaway. Be sure to link back to me and to FuzziBunz , then leave TWO comments telling me you did and giving the link to your post.
Please remember to INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN EACH ENTRY so I can contact you if you win!
This giveaway ends on June 5, 2009 at 11:59 PM CST. Winner will be announced and contacted on June 6th. If I have not heard back from the winner by June 9th I will choose another winner.
Any organic gardeners out there? Your helpful comments and advice are very welcome!
Denim rugs are great for the same reason you love your favorite pair of jeans — they go with nearly anything, and they wear really well! Nearly all of the rugs from Annikki's Weaving Studio are from recycled materials — old clothing, sheets, or other household fabrics. This rug, which measures 34.5 by 29.5 inches, is made from jeans too worn for wear anymore, but still with a lot of good fabric in them. The jeans are cut apart and into strips using scissors and a manual strip cutter; then the strips are sewn together using a treadle sewing machine. They are then hand-woven on a handmade antique loom.
The only electricity used to make these rugs is the light to sew by and the radio for a little music to weave by!
I am seriously coveting this beautiful rug that Annikki's Weaving Studio has generously contributed, but unfortunately for me and lucky for you- it's for the giveaway!
Here's How to Enter for Your Chance to Win!
This Giveaway has closed.
Visit Annikki's Etsy shop and look at her other beautiful creations. Comment on this post telling me which item you would love for your home.
But wait- you can get more entries!
- One extra entry for following my blog. Leave a comment telling me.
- One extra entry for subscribing to my blog via email (upper right of page). Leave me a comment telling me.
- One extra entry for telling a friend about this giveaway. Leave me a comment telling me you did.
- TWO extra entries for blogging about this giveaway, linking back to me and Annikki's Weaving Studio. Leave me TWO comments telling me you did and giving the link to your post.
- TEN extra entries for making a purchase from Annikki's Weaving Studio before June 5th. Leave me one comment telling me you did and what you bought.
Don't forget to leave your email address in each comment so I know who to contact if you win!
This giveaway ends on June 5th at 11:59 pm CST. I will contact and announce the winner on June 6th. If the winner does not contact me by June 9th, 11:59pm CST, I will choose another winner.
I have an assortment of reusable grocery bags that I keep in the trunk of my car, yet somehow I always forget about them until I am at the check out! It's at that moment that I always wish I had a tiny fold up bag that I could carry around in my purse with me.
TuckerBags designed just such a bag with people like me in mind. Not only are they small and light, but super cute too!
They come in a variety of adorable, colorful designs. Today my favorite is the Frogs! Yesterday it was the Dandelion.
TuckerBags is kindly giving one of our readers a 3 Bag Combo Pack, with the designs of your choice!
Entering to win is easy:
This giveaway has closed.
Visit The TuckerBags Website and pick out your favorite bag design, then post a comment telling me what it is!
Earn an additional entry for each of these:
- Follow my blog and comment telling me, or
- Subscribe via email to my blog (upper right of page) and comment telling me
- Tell a friend about this giveaway and leave a comment telling me you did
- For TWO extra entries blog about this giveaway, linking back to me and to TuckerBags.
Don't forget to leave your email address on each comment so that I can contact you if you win!
This giveaway ends on June 5th at 11:59 pm CST. I will contact the winner and announce it on June 6th. If I do not hear from the winner by June 9th 11:59 pm CST, I will choose another winner. Good luck!
Deciding which products to review first on this blog was not a tough decision. My first product review was on Seventh Generation's Laundry Detergent. I am a huge fan of their products, so it was an easy choice. I am also a huge fan of the company. The spirit that drives it is energizing, upbeat and inspires action. Their website reflects this with handy tools and educational campaigns to increase evironmental awareness.
I can feel good about using Seventh Generation products because I know exactly what goes into them. They list all of their ingredients on the bottles/boxes in plain English. No secrets. And all of those ingredients are natural, non-toxic and eco-friendly. On top of it all they don't test on animals and they regularly give back to communities around the country by sponsoring worthwhile campaigns and causes.
And now they are giving back to the online community at Spots On My Apples! Seventh Generation is giving one lucky reader a Free & Clear Gift Kit.
The winner will receive a Seventh Generation reusable bag filled with:
- 2x Liquid Laundry (32 oz.)
- Hand Dish Soap
- All-Purpose Cleaner
- Auto Dish Tabs (15-count tabs)
- Glass & Surface Cleaner
- Dryer Sheets
Enter to Win:
This giveaway has closed.
To enter for your chance to win all you have to do is visit the Seventh Generation website and look over their line of products, then post a comment telling me which product you are most interested in trying. (Not one of the Free & Clear products, but something else.)
For additional entries:
- Follow my blog and leave a comment letting me know, or
- Subscribe to my blog via email (upper right of page) and leave a comment letting me know
- Join the Seventh Generation Nation (it's free, you get coupons and they won't flood your inbox with junk) and leave a comment telling me
- Get TWO additional entries for blogging about this giveaway! Be sure to linkback to this post and to Seventh Generation and leave two comments telling me about it with the link to your post
Don't forget to leave your email address on all posts so I can contact you if you win!
This giveaway ends on June 5th at 11:59 pm CST. Good luck!
Solay salt lamps are made from salt crystals that come from various locations all around the world, and are all mined responsibly. They come in many shapes, sizes and colors and each one is unique.
These fabulous lamps are not all you will find on their website. They also offer a line of mineral rich spa products, natural pet products, water filters and so much more!
The good people at Solay Wellness have reserved one free
Solay Salt Lamp for one lucky winner!
First, visit their website and have a look at some of their other products. Then leave a comment on this post telling me one other product you would like to try!
- Follow my blog and leave a comment telling me, or
- Subscribe to my blog via email (upper right hand of the page) and leave a comment telling me
- Follow or subscribe to Solay's Blog and leave a comment on this post telling me
- Tell a friend about this giveaway and leave a comment telling me about it
- For TWO entries, blog about this giveaway, linking back to this post and to Solay Wellness, then leave two comments telling me you did and include a link your post
DON"T FORGET to give your email address in your comments so I can contact you if you win!
This giveaway ends on June 5th at 11:59 pm CST. The winner will be contacted on June 6th and will have 3 days to respond before another winner is chosen.
All Terrain is an environmentally conscious company based in New Hampshire who's mission is providing "Natural Remedies for Outdoor Enthusiasts." I am looking forward to trying out their natural sun screen soon. Based on my experience with the insect repellent, I am expecting great things. Look for my review soon!
Meanwhile, you have a chance to try out one of their products for free. All Terrain has generously offered a free product to one lucky winner! (Single item only, no sets.)
Here's How You Can Enter to Win:
Visit their website and then leave me a comment on this post telling which product you would like to try. Don't forget to include your email address in your comment so I can contact you if you win!
For additional entries:
- Follow my blog and leave me a comment telling me, or
- Subscribe to my blog via email (upper right) and leave me a comment telling me you did
- Tell a friend about this giveaway and leave me a comment telling me you did!
- For TWO additional entries, blog about this giveaway, being sure to link back to my post and to All Terrain. Leave two comments telling me you did and be sure to include a link to your post.
This giveaway ends June 5th at 11:59 pm CST. Good luck!
Derma e is a family owned and operated all natural skincare company based out of California that provides spa quality skincare without the harsh chemicals and dangerous toxins driven by a belief in healthy skin, a healthy world and a healthier environment. For 25 years they have pioneered the development of antioxidant skincare solutions, offering a line of over 90 products that are free of parabens and cruelty and are 100% vegetarian.
They recently sent me their award winning Microdermabrasion Scrub to try out. The exclusive formula delivers a variety of benefits:
- Magnesium oxide crystals from the Dead Sea buff away dull surface skin cells and help absorb excess oils
- Volcanic sand that is rich in Silica retexturizes skin without drying it out
- Pearl Powder encourages a more youthful appearance by softening, brightening and clarifying the skin
- Grapeseed Oil fights free radicals while protecting and toning capillaries
This formula has won several awards for its effectiveness in reducing fine lines, wrinkles and acne scars while giving skin a softer, and younger looking surface.
My face is extremely dehydrated, with layers of dry dead skin. I had my work cut out for me, but this scrub rose to the challenge. I have used it three times now and each time my skin is left smoother than before. Without all those layers of dead skin I feel like I can actually absorb some moisture now. My face is more hydrated and I am beginning to notice the lines around my mouth less. I have some deep scars on my cheek from childhood dog bites (a true animal lover that was not always loved back). I can't wait to see how those look after a few weeks! The scrub smells nice and goes a long way, which, combined with its effectiveness and all natural benefits, make it an absolute steal at only $32.50!
Buy It:You can buy this scrub online at Derma e's fantastic website. While you're there, check out some of their other fabulous products. I'm trying their Clear Vein® Crème Spider Vein/Bruise Solution next, so stay posted for that review!
This giveaway has closed.
Derma e has generously provided me with one extra Microdermabrasion Scrub to give away!
Enter to win by visiting the Derma e website. Check out some of their other products and leave a comment telling me what else you would like to try! Don't forget to leave your email address so I can contact you if you win!
For Additional Entries:
- Follow my blog and then leave a comment telling me or
- Subscribe to my blog via email (upper right side of page) and leave a comment telling me you did.
- Tell someone else about this giveaway! Leave a comment letting me know.
- Blog about it for TWO extra entries. Be sure to link back to this blog post and to Derma e, then leave your link in the comment along with your email address if it is not listed openly on your blog.
Antioxidants are little miracles in themselves, helping to fight off cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and macular degeneration to name just a few while also fortifying the immune system.
I was thrilled to find that some brilliant farmers in Maine have captured the powers of this wonderful berry in the form of a tea. The rolling hills of Highland Blueberry Farm, located in beautiful Stockton Springs, Maine, are blanketed with beautiful organic blueberry bushes. After discovering that the leaves of their blueberry plants contained a higher anthocyanin count (antioxidants) than even the berries themselves, farm owners Tom and Theresa Gaffney decided not to let this powerful foliage go to waste, and so Highland Organics Whole Plant Wild Maine Blueberry Tea was born.
Theresa was good enough to send me some tea, and I love it. When served hot, it is smooth, subtly fruity and not at all bitter like most teas. Lemon, milk, sugar or honey would compliment it if you typically doctor your teas, but it does not need a thing. On its own it makes a perfectly soothing and enjoyable "cuppa" that is very easy to drink.
Served over ice it makes a refreshing respite from a hot summer day. With a squeeze of lemon and a dash of sugar it takes iced tea to a whole new level.
What could make me love this tea even more? The amazing people who are behind it! Not only is Highland Farm a family run business, but they are committed to giving back to their community. In the summer, community youth help them harvest the blueberries. In the fall, women from Blessed Hope Ministry and Calvary Chapel Central Maine (a residential discipleship opportunity for women seeking a way of escape from a life of drugs and alcohol through their relationship with Jesus Christ) arrive to help them with the harvest and tea preparation.
Highland Organics will give one lucky winner a 5 oz. gift set that includes a 5 oz. tin of tea and a pack of 100 t-sac filters- a $30 value!
You can enter for a chance to win by visiting their site and then posting a comment telling me how you would enjoy your tea! Be sure to leave your email so that I can contact you if you win! You have to do this first step before any additional entries are allowed.
For additional entries:
- Follow my blog and then leave a comment letting me know!
- Subscribe to my blog then leave a comment.
- Follow or subscribe to the Highland Organics blog and then let me know via comment.
- Tell a friend about this Giveaway and then leave a comment telling me about it!
- For TWO extra entries, blog about this giveaway, linking back to me and Highland Organics. Don't forget to leave two comments, each with a link to your post!
Giveaway ends June 5th at 11:59pm. Winner will be announced and emailed on June 6th.