- Natural, non-toxic which means safer for my child! (Did you know that chemical based dishwashing detergents will immediately burn and seriously damage the esophagus if ingested? They also contain dioxins, which are known to cause cancer!)
- Phosphate free
- Chlorine/bleach free
- Biodegradable, making it eco-friendly. When this goes down the drain and into our waterways, the fish won't even notice!
- Packaging made from 25% recycled materials
- Effectively cleans and breaks down caked on food and beverages
- Rarely leaves spots on my glasses
- Does not etch on my fine glasses and crystal
- At a typical retail price of $6.99, it is competitive with other tablet detergents
What I Don't Love:
- Sometimes the tablets stick to the inside of the dispenser, and either never fall out or drop into the washer late in the cycle, meaning that the dishes don't get cleaned properly
- Sometimes leaves a cloudy residue on plastic cups and bottles
- Occasionally (though rarely) leaves spots on my glasses if allowed to pool at all during cycle
- My sister says that she can sometimes taste a little "saltiness" on my glasses when she drinks out of them. This formula contains mineral cleaning salts, so I am assuming that is what she is tasting. Maybe a slight residue is sometimes left behind? I have never noticed it nor has anyone else. She must have a very refined pallet. :)
Overall I give Method Smarty Dish an A. I am happy to have found a natural detergent that is this effective.
You can purchase Method products from Target or from Method's website.