'Tis the Season for Whites

|
I have a problem. My two year old has perfect skin. Skin that absorbs the sun and transforms it into an instant tan. Her little arms and legs are already as brown as nuts and we're not even halfway through May.
The problem is compounded by the fact that her hair is also soaking up the sun, leaving her with perfect bleach blond locks. But wait, it gets worse. With her perfect beach girl look, she takes the white shirt to a whole new level. And if I put a white sundress on her? Well, Jimmy Buffet could write his next hit song.

So where's the problem you may ask?







She's a very messy child.

I use to rely on Shout or Oxi-Clean stain removers, but they both contain chemicals I don't want in my home or on my child's clothes. So the hunt has been on for an effective, natural stain remover. I've tried a few, but none that quite did the job. They probably would have been just fine for the typical stains, but like I said- she's very messy. Then I found Biokleen's Bac-Out Stain and Odor Eliminator. It promised great things so I ordered a bottle and waited anxiously for it's arrival.

It arrived via USPS last Thursday, and wouldn't you know, Olivia (my daughter) hits a clean streak. Not a soiled shirt to be found. By Saturday I was getting desperate. I was dying to experiment. (Sad, I know.)

Just when I was about to stage a horrific grape jelly accident, she came through for me. Green marker, strawberry sorbet, and a mysterious brown stain on the strap of her shirt that I never really identified. (Probably best.) The stains sat for nearly two days as I was not about to clean on Mother's Day.

So last night was my big moment. Once she was asleep in her bed, I treated the stains on the shirt pictured above. Following the instructions, I left it for 5 minutes while the clear liquid soaked in. The smell was heavenly- the clean scent of fresh lime juice. I tried not to appear too giddy as the strawberry stain immediately began to blur. However, five minutes later the brown mystery blob didn't seem to be effected at all. I tossed the shirt into the wash feeling a little disappointed. There was no way that brown thing was going anywhere. I skulked off to my bed and watched my latest recording of Medium.

This morning I dug the whites out of the washer to throw into the dryer before running out the door. (Yes, I admit to not line drying ALL of the time.) I shook out the shirt to take a look, prepared to soak the brown stain some more before washing it a second time.


What brown stain? The shirt was SPOTLESS!






Finally, a stain remover that I can rely on. Here's my review in tidy points:

What I love:

  • The smell. Fresh and not too overwhelming. Opening the bottle is like opening a bottle of lime juice, only with a faint scent of clean soap thrown in. Very nice.

  • All natural plant based ingredients, none from animals.

  • Gentle- not harsh. If you spill it on your hands you are not compelled to run to the sink for a scrub down. Great for those with allergies or sensitivities.

  • Completely environmentally friendly- won't harm rivers, streams, plants or wildlife. Even safe for using around birds!

  • Multiple uses include treating pet stains and odors, carpet stains and odors (preferred product of professional carpet cleaners all over the country!), general cleaning and odor removal in bathrooms, diaper pails, drains, garbage disposals, garbage cans, and perfect for removing mold and mildew stains and odors!

  • Not tested on animals.

  • Rapidly biodegrades and is Ozone Safe.

  • It's high concentration means fewer fillers, less waste, less packaging, and less energy used in shipping.

  • Non-Toxic

  • IT WORKS!!

What I don't love:

  • This is tough as I am so happy with this product right now I am having a hard time finding fault. I would recommend getting the spray bottle. I have the capped bottle and ended up using much more than necessary. The price is a little higher but it does go a long way.

  • Not yet readily available in local stores. You will probably have to order this product on line.

I did some research and found a few good deals on-line:

Biokleen Bac-Out Stain & Odor Eliminator with Sprayer, 32-Ounce Bottles (Case of 12) $88.99, Amazon.com
That's a lot of clean for more than a 25% savings! If you want to stock up this is a great chance.


Bi-O-Kleen Bac-Out Stain & Odor Eliminator with Live Enzyme Cultures Foaming Action Sprayer, 32 FL OZ, $9.49, Drugstore.com


Overall, I give this product an A+. I can't wait to try more of their products. I'm a Biokleen convert!




1 comments:

Surf City Health said...

This sounds like a great product. I have been using nontoxic, biodegradable cleaners for several years and love the fell,smell and the way it does not heart my family. I save money and save a bit of the environment at the same time. Let me know if you are interested where I buy them. I also LOVE to line dry my laundry! Your story is great.

Related Posts with Thumbnails