Shrimpton Couture Makes Vintage Lovers Drool

|

When it comes to fashion, you can't get much greener than vintage clothing. Reuse, renew and recycle right? I have been a fan of vintage clothing since I was a teenager. I still wear some of the great finds I scored while rummaging through the back racks of The Red Rose. One of my favorites is my U2 concert t-shirt from the Unforgettable Fire European Tour. I plan on wearing it when I see them live in October!

I wish I could still fit into the great pair of blue corduroy bell bottoms I scored there when I was 14. They were the real deal. When I came across them in 1995, bell bottoms were just starting to come back into fashion and were still a rare site on the streets. I lived in those babies. Just slipping into them sent me back to another era. I could almost hear the music, smell the pot...pourri ;) and feel the warmth of the fire from the bra burnings. Sadly, The Red Rose has been closed for many years now and I'm reduced to Good Will for my thrifting, which has actually become quite pricey in my book.

However, for the snobbier vintage enthusiasts out there I have a favorite site to share. Shrimpton Couture is a fun place to window shop and get great ideas on how to work those vintage gems into a modern wardrobe. Even if you're not into vintage, you should check them out. It's like looking through a fashion museum, only here you can purchase and wear those pieces of history!

If you have a favorite vintage shopping site or tip, share it with us in a comment.


Photos courtesy of Shrimpton Couture

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails