Stop the Press!

|
I write to you this evening with some very exciting news. In my recent review of the Aveda Enbrightenment skincare line, I mentioned my agony over having to give up using my old favorite, Yonka, because it contained chemicals.
I WAS WRONG!

As it turns out, Yonka is ALL NATURAL. Oh joy! Though this does not change one bit my satisfaction with the Aveda line, it does mean that I can carry on my on again off again affair with Yonka's Pamplemousse for many more years to come. My life is complete.

Sorry for this major research mishap. I just had to set you all straight as soon as I found out.

2 comments:

linabella said...

I just looked at the ingredients list on a friend's recent purchase of four items from Aveda's botanical kinetics skin care line. All but one contained either polyethylene or propylene glycol (PEG, PPG, PG). I know that's not the line you reviewed, but they routinely use these chemicals in their products, yet still call them natural. Disappointing, for sure.

Beth said...

Thanks Linabella for this comment. Though the CIR (Cosmetic Ingredient Review) Expert Panel determined that these chemicals were safe to use in skincare and cosmetics, they are still exactly that. Chemicals! It is frustrating to see that many "Natural" brands such as Aveda still use them, even if it is in very small doses.
Though I would prefer them to be 100% natural, I do feel that Aveda is making great strides in spa skincare and hair products and am happy to have them as an alternative to the many brands that don't even try to go the natural/non-toxic route. Thanks again for the heads up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails