Over cocktails my girlfriends, sister and I flipped through a hairstyle magazine in search of the perfect short cut for me. Two Mai-tai's later we had found the style- one we were all equally excited about (of course they had nothing to risk- it was my hair). I made the appointment with my stylist the next morning and three days later I walked out of the salon with my new hair. I loved it. A completely different me. Fun, playful- yes, it would do nicely. I needed some new shampoo- my old, gunked up half empty bottle sitting in a puddle on my shower floor would not do for the glorious christening of my new hair- so my sister and I stopped by the Ulta to have a look around.
Ahhh- product heaven. Isles and isles of beautifying serums, creams and suds. I am a beauty product junkie. It has been extra difficult to restrict my salon purchases in my ongoing effort to greenify my life. The supply of salon quality natural/organic hair care products has been surprisingly lacking- until now. Suddenly, as I passed the OPI spring promotional, angels sang and a bright light shone down from the ceiling. (Ok, so it was more like Sarah McLachlan over the store speakers and a flickering ceiling light, but inspiring non the less.) I had found the organic products. I decided to investigate, and found one that I liked the look of. I laid down my $15.14 (ouch) and took my 10.15 Fl. oz. bottle home. (Double ouch.) I comforted myself with the thought that my new hair would not require much shampoo. Perhaps I could squeeze a couple of months out of it. And it just so happens, I did. Here's my review:
mop Lemongrass Shampoo for Fine Hair
What I love:
- The smell is light and fresh.
- It is not heavy and does not way down my hair.
- Does not leave my hair dull.
- Leaves strands feeling squeaky clean.
- Is gentle on the scalp. I can have a sensitive scalp, yet have not experienced any flaking or scalp acne in the two months I have been using the product.
- A little goes a long way. Sometimes when my hair is extra dirty and greasy I have to wash it twice to get it thoroughly clean, but not with this shampoo. One wash does the job every time.
- They do not test on animals.
What I don't love:
- It does not live up to its promises of "plumping up hair strands" quite as much as other products do. However, I have experienced a notable increase in body and honestly, to me it is enough. The benefits of the above make it a fair trade-off to me.
- Price. This is a common negative point in most organic products and one I am going to have to learn to swallow. That said, many non-organic salon products cost even more so I suppose it could be worse. And you do get a lot of quality for the price. As with most things, you will save buying this product from an on-line retailer.
Overall? I give it an A. I am happy with it and will be trying more of their products soon.
Here are a few deals I found on line for this product:$11.21 at beautydeals.net