Raw Gaia Product Review

|

Have you heard of the raw diet? It's based on studies that show that exposing plant foods to temperatures over 42C/118F kills the enzymes, diminishes the vitamin content, and alters the PH levels making the food acidic. It in essence kills the food. Those who follow the diet only eat living foods- raw, organic plant foods including vegetables, fruits, grains, seeds, nuts, beans and seaweed. Among the many benefits are weight loss, detox and healthy glowing skin.

A company in England called Raw Gaia has applied this same logic to their line of skincare. They recently sent me two of their best sellers to sample.

Raw Chocolate Face Pack



The Raw Chocolate Face Pack is said to draw out toxins from the skin, leaving a smooth and well toned complexion. I could not wait to try it out! When I opened the container my stomach growled. It looked and smelled like powdered hot chocolate! Following the directions, I combined some of the powder with water in a bowl and stirred. I added too much water initially (2 tablespoons) and ended up having to add a lot more of the powder to achieve a consistency thick enough to apply. (This was a huge waste, as I had so much leftover. I would recommend starting out with only 1 teaspoon of water. You can always add more if needed.) Once it was thickened I happily dipped my fingers into the bowl, repressing a girlish giggle. I felt like a child playing in mud as I smoothed it over my skin, avoiding the delicate areas around my eyes.

The directions say to leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes, but unfortunately I don't live in a spa, I live with a two year old. A bedtime tantrum kept me away from the sink ten minutes longer than the recommended time, but it still washed away easily leaving my skin very fresh and supple. My skin was a little red and inflamed, probably because I had left it on for so long, but that went away after half an hour or so.

The results were as promised. My skin feels softer and I even feel like it has taken on a subtle healthy glow. I suspected the glow was all in my head until my husband commented on it not once but three times in the two days following my
treatment.

I can't wait to use it again. They recommend using it once a week, so I have had to keep myself away from it for six long days. But tonight I am locking myself in my bathroom, lighting a few candles and reuniting with my Raw Chocolate Face Pack. I think this is a relationship that will last for some time.

I do however have one warning to issue with this review. Use of this face pack is certain to induce undeniable chocolate cravings. Do not bother brushing your teeth before application. You'll only have to do it again after savagely raiding the sweeties drawer!


Organic Cold-Pressed Coconut Butter

Next up was a little bottle I intend on carrying with me everywhere this summer. The Organic Cold-Pressed Coconut Butter smells like paradise. As soon as I opened the lid I was transported onto a remote tropical island where cool breezes and a pina colada awaited me. The butter had melted into oil after sitting in the hot Houston mailbox, but this is expected and does not change it's effectiveness at all. It returned to its firm butter consistency over night. The butter is quite solid, but softens under body temperatures, making it easier to apply. I was worried at first that it would leave an oily residue, but within ten minutes my skin had greedily sucked it up and was left soft, smooth and exotically fragrant.

The benefits of this miracle butter are abundant! It removes dead skin cells while softening and smoothing the skin. It's small molecular structure allows it to penetrate deep into the layers of your skin and strengthen the underlying tissues. In addition to soothing inflamed skin and healing rashes and minor wounds, this super goo also fights split ends and restores damaged hair. A brilliant multitasker that smells fantastic too. What more could a girl ask for this summer!


If you want to stock your summer tote with Raw Gaia's fabulous products, you're in luck! They have generously extended a special 10% discount to Spots On My Apples readers! Visit their website to look at their full line.


At check out, use the code "rawspot" to claim your discount. This discount is only available until June 5th so act fast!

2 comments:

---- said...

Oooh, I want to try that face back. I eat about 80% raw but I also drink raw milk and eat meat. I'm no raw vegan (and don't plan to be.) My skin cleared up a LOT from eating more raw. Now I need a dehydrator hehehe.

Beth said...

I want to try to eat more raw. I need to find a resource for some good raw recipes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails