Denim rugs are great for the same reason you love your favorite pair of jeans — they go with nearly anything, and they wear really well! Nearly all of the rugs from Annikki's Weaving Studio are from recycled materials — old clothing, sheets, or other household fabrics. This rug, which measures 34.5 by 29.5 inches, is made from jeans too worn for wear anymore, but still with a lot of good fabric in them. The jeans are cut apart and into strips using scissors and a manual strip cutter; then the strips are sewn together using a treadle sewing machine. They are then hand-woven on a handmade antique loom.
The only electricity used to make these rugs is the light to sew by and the radio for a little music to weave by!
I am seriously coveting this beautiful rug that Annikki's Weaving Studio has generously contributed, but unfortunately for me and lucky for you- it's for the giveaway!
Here's How to Enter for Your Chance to Win!
This Giveaway has closed.
Visit Annikki's Etsy shop and look at her other beautiful creations. Comment on this post telling me which item you would love for your home.
But wait- you can get more entries!
- One extra entry for following my blog. Leave a comment telling me.
- One extra entry for subscribing to my blog via email (upper right of page). Leave me a comment telling me.
- One extra entry for telling a friend about this giveaway. Leave me a comment telling me you did.
- TWO extra entries for blogging about this giveaway, linking back to me and Annikki's Weaving Studio. Leave me TWO comments telling me you did and giving the link to your post.
- TEN extra entries for making a purchase from Annikki's Weaving Studio before June 5th. Leave me one comment telling me you did and what you bought.
Don't forget to leave your email address in each comment so I know who to contact if you win!
This giveaway ends on June 5th at 11:59 pm CST. I will contact and announce the winner on June 6th. If the winner does not contact me by June 9th, 11:59pm CST, I will choose another winner.